asyst:General Ledger™ is a full-featured accounting system that looks and works like Microsoft® Office. asyst:General Ledger is one of a comprehensive system of individual applications that can be mixed and matched in virtually any combination. It is designed to meet the most exacting fund accounting needs of local governments and other not-for-profit organizations whose accounting requirements call for fund and encumbrance accounting.
It includes a unique design which allows the organization to define a user-specified account code structure. Up to nine segments can be defined, with maximum account length of 54 characters. The user also defines the fiscal calendar. Despite its ease of use and value pricing, the asyst:General Ledger is packed with features before only available in much more complex and expensive systems:
- Make easy adjustment entries and simple error corrections with audit and control features integrated throughout.
- It accommodates multiple months and years to be open simultaneously and accommodates multiple years of transactions available for review/analysis.
- Closing for month and year end are soft, that is, they never alter the data in a way that can not be undone when an error is found or a stack of journal entries is discovered in someone's desk drawer. Months are closed by simple open/closed radio buttons for the month you wish to restrict.
- Budgeting is simple and quick. A built-in calculator allows you to spread a fixed budget amount or to allocate the same amount over one or more fiscal periods. Once the budget is finalized, no further modifications are permitted. Yet, using the simple budget revision process, mid-year budget changes can be implemented quickly, providing a complete audit trail, including the reason for the revision.
- Even though budgeting is built in, we recognize that much of today's real budgeting workload is handled by spreadsheets. asyst:Budget XLence™, an asyst® subsystem, allows you to seamlessly move the entire budget process to Microsoft Excel and move the final budget back from Microsoft Excel to asyst:General Ledger. Even with this added power and simplicity, all data moved into asyst:General Ledger is edit checked just as if it had been entered through a General Ledger program.
- A powerful "peel the onion" inquiry capability is built into the GL. In seconds, account balances can be viewed from the highest level in the organization, peeling away one level at a time to the very lowest level in your organization.
- The most powerful feature of the general ledger is the financial reporting. You can create almost any report imaginable using the power of Excel, Word or Access report generator itself. All reports can be printed to Word or Excel for editing or sent directly to a high resolution dot matrix, injet, or laser printer.