asyst:Budget Billing™ is an add-on to asyst:Utility Billing™. Like the rest of the asyst product family, asyst:Budget Billing looks and works like Microsoft® Office. asyst:Budget Billing is one of a comprehensive system of individual applications that can be mixed and matched to meet the most exacting utility billing needs. This Windows-based product family operates in either a single-user or small network PC environment.
asyst:Budget Billing is designed to allow a utility to offer a budget (flat) payment option to its customers. asyst:Budget Billing will allow the utility to establish a single budget bill amount for an account. Only those accounts that qualify for the utility's Budget Bill plan and opt for this arrangement are set up in the Budget Bill Contract table. The Budget Bill amount will be billed to the customer, regardless of the actual charges or balance due for the billing period. The correct previous balance, the actual charges for the month, and the correct, current balance due will be printed on the bill, just as is currently done.
Despite its ease of use and value pricing, asyst:Budget Billing is packed with features before only available in much more complex and expensive systems:
- No programming modifications to asyst:Utility Billing nor the physical bills are required.
- Since budget billing can often result in the customer owing the utility or vice versa, penalties will be automatically turned off for Budget Bill customers.
- The Contract Maintenance option allows the addition or deletion of accounts which are to be budget billed, and provides information that is helpful in determining the budget bill amount.
- In Account Maintenance and Account Inquiry, if the customer has a Budget Bill Contract record, the word Budget and the budget bill amount will display to the right of the account number field at the top right of the form.
- The Contract List menu option provides a list of customer account numbers, names, service addresses, budget bill amounts, and budget bill renewal dates.
- In the Print Delinquency Notices and Cutoff List, budget bill accounts are excluded.
- In the Account Number Report, the word Budget is printed after the account number.
- In the Billing Register, if the customer is a budget bill customer, the word Budget and the Budget Bill Amount are printed on the register.