asyst:Budget XLence™ is an application which uses the power of Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) technology along with the asyst:General Ledger™ data and Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet and Word word processing packages to develop sophisticated local government budgets. It is made up of three major components:
- An accounting data transfer function to "download" current period budget and actual data from the asyst:General Ledger system to a user-defined Excel Workbook.
- An Excel Workbook template designed to facilitate the "downloading" of accounting information from asyst:General Ledger and the subsequent "uploading" of a completed, finalized, and authorized new year budget to asyst:General Ledger.
- A budget transfer function to "upload" the new year budget to the asyst:General Ledger database. This function includes complete data integrity checking to assure that any new accounts created in the Excel Workbook during the budgeting process (i.e., to add new objects, new departments, …) are properly added to the asyst:General Ledger Chart of Accounts and the active Accounts table for the new year.
No two tools have proven more powerful or are more widely used in budgeting than spreadsheets and word processors. asyst:Budget XLence is designed for those users who wish to have complete control over the budgeting process, and complete control over the format of the budget documents.
asyst:Budget XLence provides this control, not through its own facilities, but by allowing you to easily, seamlessly, and safely move accounting and budgeting information to and from the accounting database and the budget spreadsheets in a manner that is simple and quick.
Because asyst:Budget XLence seamlessly integrates asyst:General Ledger with Excel and Word...
- Never build a budget spreadsheet from scratch again.
- Eliminate the many hours needed to manually enter finalized budget into the accounting system.
- Maintain whatever budgeting data in budget spreadsheets that you desire, including as many years of actual and budget as you wish, different statistical information for each departments, etc.
- With the power of Microsoft® Office, any budget data available in an Excel spreadsheet is immediately available for preparation of graphs and charts, or for presentation in budget documents prepared in Word.